Monday, June 17, 2013

K-Pop Song Spotlight: "I Got A Boy" by Girls' Generation

Credit: http://holyitskpop.blogspot.com

Girls' Generation aka SNSD or 소녀시대 is one of South Korea's most popular musical groups. In fact, the reason why I love K-pop is because of Girls' Generation. In 2009, I fell in love with their very famous "Gee" song and from that point on, I was hooked. Girls Generation consists of nine members: Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun. 

"I Got A Boy" is also the name of Girls Generation's fourth studio album released on January 1st, 2013. 

I actually learned the dance choreography to this song, but I am too shy to put the video here. Haha. I danced to this song many times, yet I don't know if I am improving. It's a great workout.

In this song, we have two main recurrent choruses going on in this song at the same time. We have:
오 오오 예 오. 오오 예 오 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh~)
etc.

I got a boy 멋진! I got a boy 착한! (I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!)
etc.

The song sounds so beautiful when the melodies intertwine.

Since I am not an expert at the Korean language, I asked my husband to QC these lyrics to ensure accuracy.

Now, our feature song!

"I Got A Boy" by Girls' Generation





Ayo! GG! Yeah Yeah 시작해 볼까? (Ayo! GG! Yeah Yeah, shall we start?)
어머! 얘 좀 봐라 얘, 무슨 일이 있었길래 머릴 잘랐대? 응? (Gosh! Look at her, look. What happened to her that she cut her hair? Huh?)
어머! 또 얘 좀 보라고! 머리부터 발끝까지 스타일이 바뀌었어 (Gosh! Again look at her, look! From head to toe, her style has changed.)
왜 그랬대? 궁금해 죽겠네 (Why did she do that? I’m curious to death.)
왜 그랬대? 말해 봐봐 좀 (Why did she do that? Tell me.)

Ha Ha! Let me introduce myself!
Here comes trouble!
따라 해! (Follow after me!)
오 오오 예 오. 오오 예 오 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh~)
너 잘났어 정말! (You really are something else!)

지가 뭔데? 웃겨. 너무 콧대 센 거 아니? (Who is she? Ridiculous. Do you know you’re too self-assertive?)
나보고 평범하단다 얘 (She thinks I’m average.)
어~~그 남자 완전 맘에 들었나 봐! (Yeah, I guess she really liked him!)
말도 안돼! 말도 안돼! (No way! No way!)
너무 예뻐지고 섹시해 졌어 그 남자 때문이지? (She became so pretty and sexy, it’s because of him, right?)
물어볼 뻔 했다니까? 너 바꾼 화장품이 뭔지 (I almost asked her what her new makeup was.)

사실 나, 처음 봤어 상처 입은 야수 같은 깊은 눈 (Honestly, I saw it for the first time, the eyes that look like that of a wounded animal)
얘기만 해도 어질 했다니까? (I was dizzy by just talking to him!)
너 잘났어 정말! (You really are something else!)
잘났어 정말! (You really are something else!)


오 오오 예 오. Here comes trouble, hey girl listen! (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh.)
오오 예 오 너 잘났다 정말! (Oh-oh yeah oh~ You really are something else! (something!))
오 오오 예 오. (Hey!) (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh.)
오오 예 오 너 잘났어 정말! (Oh-oh yeah oh. Na. Na-na na na hey! You really are something else!)
Ayo! Stop! Let me put it down another way.

*CHORUS*

I got a boy 멋진! I got a boy 착한! (I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!)
I got a boy handsome boy
내 맘 다 가져간 (I got a boy handsome boy, who took all my heart.)
I got a boy
멋진! I got a boy 착한! (I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!)
I got a boy awesome boy
완전 반했나 봐 (I got a boy awesome boy, I must have really fallen for him.)

*END CHORUS*

아 내 왕자님! 언제 이 몸을 구하러 와 주실 텐가요? (Ah, my prince! When are you gonna come save me?)
하얀 꿈처럼 날 품에 안아 올려 날아가 주시겠죠? (Will you lift me in your arms and fly, like a white dream?)

나, 깜짝! 멘붕이야! 그 사람은 내 민 낯이 궁금하대 (I’m like, surprised. Mental collapse! He said he is curious of my face without makeup.)
완전 맘에 들어 못 이긴 척 보여줘도 괜찮을까? (I really like him. Would it be okay to show it to him?)
오우! 절대로 안되지! 그치? 그치? (Oh! Never! Right? Right?)
우리, 지킬 건 지키자! 맞지! 맞지! (Let’s keep what needs to be kept, right! right!)
그의 맘을 모두 가질 때까지이건 절대로 잊어버리지 말라고! (Don’t ever forget this until you take all of his heart!)

오 오오 예 오. 오오 예 오 밤을 새도 모자라 다 다 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh., Oh-oh yeah oh.
Even if I stay up all night, it’s not enough; Everything. Everything.)

오 오오 예 오. 오오 예 오 우리 최고 관심사 다 다(Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh., Oh-oh yeah oh.
Our biggest interest- Everything, Everything.)


내 말 들어봐 그 아이 너네 알지? (Listen to me, you all know him, right?)
좀 어리지만 속은 꽉 찼어 (He’s a bit young, but he’s full inside.)
어떨 땐 오빠처럼 듬직하지만, (Sometimes, he is as reliable as an oppa [older-brother], but)
애교를 부릴 땐 너무 예뻐 죽겠어 (When he acts charming, he is so cute.)


오 오오 예 오. 오오 예 오 너 미쳤어, 미쳤어 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. You’re crazy, crazy.)
오 오오 예 오. 오오 예 오 너 미쳤어, 미쳤어 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. You’re crazy, crazy.)

난 정말 화가 나 죽겠어 내 남잔 날 여자로 안보는 걸 (I’m really angry, my boy doesn’t look at me as a woman)
막연할 땐 어떡하면 내가 좋겠니? (What should I do when I feel hopeless?)
질투라도 나게 해볼까? 속상해! 어떡해! 나? (Should I make him feel jealous? I’m so upset! What do I do?)
말도 안 돼! 말도 안 돼! (No way! No way!)

Don’t stop! Let’s bring it back to 1:40.

(CHORUS)

언제나 내 곁엔 내편이 돼주고 귀 기울여주는 너—- 너—- (Always next to me, it’s you, who’s on my side and listens to me. You. Oh-oh oh oh-oh. You. Oh-oh oh oh-oh.)
난 이대로 지금 행복해 잘 될 거니까 (I’m happy as it is right now, cause’ everything will work out)

(CHORUS 2X)


I got a boy 멋진! (I got a boy, a handsome one!)


Credits:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Got_a_Boy
http://escapetoeden.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/snsd-i-got-a-boy-lyrics-hangul-english-translation-romanization/

If you enjoyed this song, please consider buying the album!



Girls' Generation Vol. 4 - I Got a Boy (Random Version) - $22.99
from: YesAsia

Girls' Generation Vol. 4 - I Got a Boy (Random Version) + Poster in Tube - $32.99
from: YesAsia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update cookies preferences