Monday, June 17, 2013

K-Pop Song Spotlight: "I Got A Boy" by Girls' Generation

Credit: http://holyitskpop.blogspot.com

Girls' Generation aka SNSD or 소녀시대 is one of South Korea's most popular musical groups. In fact, the reason why I love K-pop is because of Girls' Generation. In 2009, I fell in love with their very famous "Gee" song and from that point on, I was hooked. Girls Generation consists of nine members: Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun. 

"I Got A Boy" is also the name of Girls Generation's fourth studio album released on January 1st, 2013. 

I actually learned the dance choreography to this song, but I am too shy to put the video here. Haha. I danced to this song many times, yet I don't know if I am improving. It's a great workout.

In this song, we have two main recurrent choruses going on in this song at the same time. We have:
 오오  오오  오 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh~)
etc.

I got a boy 멋진! I got a boy 착한(I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!)
etc.

The song sounds so beautiful when the melodies intertwine.

Since I am not an expert at the Korean language, I asked my husband to QC these lyrics to ensure accuracy.

Now, our feature song!

"I Got A Boy" by Girls' Generation





Ayo! GG! Yeah Yeah 시작해 볼까? (Ayo! GG! Yeah Yeah, shall we start?)
어머! 봐라 , 무슨 일이 있었길래 머릴 잘랐대? ? (Gosh! Look at her, look. What happened to her that she cut her hair? Huh?)
어머! 보라고! 머리부터 발끝까지 스타일이 바뀌었어 (Gosh! Again look at her, look! From head to toe, her style has changed.)
그랬대? 궁금해 죽겠네 (Why did she do that? I’m curious to death.)
그랬대? 말해 봐봐 (Why did she do that? Tell me.)

Ha Ha! Let me introduce myself!
Here comes trouble!
따라 ! (Follow after me!)
오오 . 오오 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh~)
잘났어 정말! (You really are something else!)

지가 뭔데? 웃겨. 너무 콧대 아니? (Who is she? Ridiculous. Do you know you’re too self-assertive?)
나보고 평범하단다 (She thinks I’m average.)
~~ 남자 완전 맘에 들었나 ! (Yeah, I guess she really liked him!)
말도 안돼! 말도 안돼! (No way! No way!)
너무 예뻐지고 섹시해 졌어 남자 때문이지? (She became so pretty and sexy, it’s because of him, right?)
물어볼 했다니까? 바꾼 화장품이 뭔지 (I almost asked her what her new makeup was.)

사실 , 처음 봤어 상처 입은 야수 같은 깊은 (Honestly, I saw it for the first time, the eyes that look like that of a wounded animal)
얘기만 해도 어질 했다니까? (I was dizzy by just talking to him!)
잘났어 정말! (You really are something else!)
잘났어 정말! (You really are something else!)


오오 . Here comes trouble, hey girl listen! (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh.)
오오 잘났다 정말! (Oh-oh yeah oh~ You really are something else! (something!))
오오 . (Hey!) (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh.)
오오 잘났어 정말! (Oh-oh yeah oh. Na. Na-na na na hey! You really are something else!)
Ayo! Stop! Let me put it down another way.

*CHORUS*

I got a boy 멋진! I got a boy 착한! (I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!)
I got a boy handsome boy
가져간 (I got a boy handsome boy, who took all my heart.)
I got a boy
멋진! I got a boy 착한! (I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one!)
I got a boy awesome boy
완전 반했나 (I got a boy awesome boy, I must have really fallen for him.)

*END CHORUS*

왕자님! 언제 몸을 구하러 주실 텐가요? (Ah, my prince! When are you gonna come save me?)
하얀 꿈처럼 품에 안아 올려 날아가 주시겠죠? (Will you lift me in your arms and fly, like a white dream?)

, 깜짝! 멘붕이야! 사람은 낯이 궁금하대 (I’m like, surprised. Mental collapse! He said he is curious of my face without makeup.)
완전 맘에 들어 이긴 보여줘도 괜찮을까? (I really like him. Would it be okay to show it to him?)
오우! 절대로 안되지! 그치? 그치? (Oh! Never! Right? Right?)
우리, 지킬 지키자! 맞지! 맞지! (Let’s keep what needs to be kept, right! right!)
그의 맘을 모두 가질 때까지이건 절대로 잊어버리지 말라고! (Don’t ever forget this until you take all of his heart!)

오오 . 오오 밤을 새도 모자라 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh., Oh-oh yeah oh.
Even if I stay up all night, it’s not enough; Everything. Everything.)

오오 . 오오 우리 최고 관심사 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh., Oh-oh yeah oh.
Our biggest interest- Everything, Everything.)


들어봐 아이 너네 알지? (Listen to me, you all know him, right?)
어리지만 속은 찼어 (He’s a bit young, but he’s full inside.)
어떨 오빠처럼 듬직하지만, (Sometimes, he is as reliable as an oppa [older-brother], but)
애교를 부릴 너무 예뻐 죽겠어 (When he acts charming, he is so cute.)


오오 . 오오 미쳤어, 미쳤어 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. You’re crazy, crazy.)
오오 . 오오 미쳤어, 미쳤어 (Oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. Oh-oh yeah oh. You’re crazy, crazy.)

정말 화가 죽겠어 남잔 여자로 안보는 (I’m really angry, my boy doesn’t look at me as a woman)
막연할 어떡하면 내가 좋겠니? (What should I do when I feel hopeless?)
질투라도 나게 해볼까? 속상해! 어떡해! ? (Should I make him feel jealous? I’m so upset! What do I do?)
말도 ! 말도 ! (No way! No way!)

Don’t stop! Let’s bring it back to 1:40.

(CHORUS)

언제나 곁엔 내편이 돼주고 기울여주는 —- —- (Always next to me, it’s you, who’s on my side and listens to me. You. Oh-oh oh oh-oh. You. Oh-oh oh oh-oh.)
이대로 지금 행복해 거니까 (I’m happy as it is right now, cause’ everything will work out)

(CHORUS 2X)


I got a boy 멋진! (I got a boy, a handsome one!)


Credits:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Got_a_Boy
http://escapetoeden.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/snsd-i-got-a-boy-lyrics-hangul-english-translation-romanization/

If you enjoyed this song, please consider buying the album!



Girls' Generation Vol. 4 - I Got a Boy (Random Version) - $22.99
from: YesAsia

Girls' Generation Vol. 4 - I Got a Boy (Random Version) + Poster in Tube - $32.99
from: YesAsia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update cookies preferences