Friday, July 27, 2018

Wehaiyo Drive: It Has To Be You

Hello, Readers,

I apologize for not posting last week. It is a cliché type of excuse, but I really could not get to the computer to relay my thoughts and on top of that, I did not have time to watch dramas. Therefore, this post will cover the last two weeks of my life. I really wish I can do this full time, so please continue to support me and Wehaiyo!

I have decided to drop the exclamation mark on the Wehaiyo Drive series. It looks more natural that way.






















This week's Dramas:


1) What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim (김비서가 왜 그럴까)



Watch it on: Viki

Episode 13 and 14 are the best episodes so far with off-the-chart love scenes and genuine revelations. Yes, I am aware that the grand finale episodes are even better, but I have not seen it yet. You can bet that I will be mentioning the finale on next week's Wehaiyo Drive.

All Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon) and Kim Mi So (Park Min Young) want to do after they move on from their past history is to confirm their relationship by making love. I am talking about a hot kissing scene where he unbuttons her shirt as he kisses her. However, we get a whole episode of tension as we watch them get interupted by an emergency business situation, Mi So's father and his hospital visit, Mi So's eldest sister's shopping spree, and finally, business talk. 

Just when Young Joon was about to give Mi So the space he thought she needed, she genuinely changes her mind, not for him, but for herself because she really wanted to be with him too. She boldly tells him that she was not going home for the night. They have an envious bed scene. I really haven't seen such racy scenes in kdramas in a long time since My Secret Romance, episode one ending.

As if the romance was not enough to fill the two episodes, we also get a nice conclusion to exactly what Secretary Kim wants to do with her life, which is to be Secretary Kim, or should I say Executive Assistant Kim. The emergency company situation seems to be forced, but necessary to show how needed Secretary Kim is to the company, and it is even clearer to her that she enjoys what she does and her accomplishments at the company. I found myself feeling emotional when she comes to this revelation. I am going to miss this drama because I really look up to a character like Secretary Kim. She is not perfect, but she is strong and professional.

It has to be you. You're the woman, Kim Mi So!

2) Tribes and Empires: The Storm of Prophecy - 九州·海上牧云记



Watch it on: Dramafever 

I tried to re-watch this drama and went back to the episodes in the thirties all the way to episode 39, which is probably almost halfway through the drama. I know some people are disappointed with the ending, but I shall watch and find out. The plot is not really intriguing for me, but the actors are and I think that is the reason why I keep watching.

The plot really isn't that interesting as there are more problems than answers. I am the type to want to see romance with action when I am watching action dramas or movies, but there are barely any romantic scenes. We have three hot-looking men, but not much romance to see. 

When Prince Muyan Sheng (Huang Xuan) loses his spirit woman, Panxi (Janice Man), he goes beserk and destroys the astrological tower. His buddy, Muru Hanjiang (Shawn Dou) was helplessly watching the love of his life who was prophesied to be the Queen, Su Yuning (Xu Lu) become Prince Muyan Sheng's wife, but since Prince Muyan Sheng delays the marriage, Janjiang was given the chance to run away with Yuning. The third leading man was not mentioned in the last episodes, but he seems to have a slightly romantic story line going on with Princess Jing (Zhang Jianing).

The plot became so sad, but the men are going crazy over their women. It has to be you (women)!

3) You Drive Me Crazy 미치겠다, 너땜에!



Watch it on: Viki

Do you have two hours of time? Then you can finish this special drama that is only four episodes and 30 minutes each. Romance lovers should not miss this drama. Actually, this drama should have been a regular-length drama because I want more episodes and I know I am not the only one to say it. Since it's only four mini episodes, I will give spoilers.

Kim Rae Won (played by Kim Seon Ho) and Han Eun Sung (played by Lee Yoo Young) have been best friends since college, but one drunken night led them to sleep together. Knowing that they passed the friend zone, Eung Sung cooly told Rae Won that it was a mistake. However, this so-called mistake shook up Rae Won for the next two months.

After a two-month separation, Eun Sung shows up at Rae Won's house and forces Rae Won to let her stay until her plumbing problem is fixed. Rae Won reluctantly agrees and their feelings for each other only grows deeper no matter how much they deny it.

Rae Won realizes that he loves Eun Sung first, but Eun Sung becomes terrified at the idea that if they break up, they won't even be friends anymore. It's a stretch, but I also agree that it should not have taken her one year to come back to him.

In Rae Won's mind, it has to be you (Eun Sung).

I really wanted to see more scenes, but this is a drama special and I want to see more works from both Kim Seon Ho and Han Eun Sung. As Kim Seon Ho mentioned in the Viki interview, Lee Yoo Young is really good at drunk scenes. Her drunk scenes look exceptionally realistic. I am happy that Kim Seon Ho had a leading role in this drama. I want him to take on more leading roles. I also am developing a crush on him and all the characters that he plays.

This week's Music:


I listened to a lot of great music in the last two weeks. I am still cycling over the old featured Wehaiyo Drive music, but there are some new songs too.


1) THE BOYZ (더보이즈) - KeePer (지킬게) (Prod. PARK KYUNG(박경))






I have been listening to The Boyz songs since their debut in December. I really can't find a song that I do not like so far. I do not know who The Boyz members are (besides Ju Haknyeon from Produce 101, Season 2), but I love their songs.

This song is no exception. It's about a male who wants to protect the girl he loves, but does not quite have her affection yet. I love the snappy type singing that they do and they also have their trademark harmonies that sway upwards, which drives me crazy.

2) TWICE (트와이스) - Dance The Night Away



I usually do not fall for Twice songs because I do not like their singing style, but Twice seems to be growing on me. The conclusion is that as long as the song is catchy, I will like it. I love music for what it is-- the music. Sure, there can be flashy entertainers and repetitive styles, but as long as the song is good and catchy, I may like it.

The song is about dancing the night away, enjoying nature, and spending time with one another. The initial tune at the beginning of the song is so catchy. Listening to the song makes me feel young. I think I can probably free dance to the entire song.

It has to be you (all).

3) SEVENTEEN (세븐틴) - 어쩌나 (Oh My!)



Seventeen is back with a new song. Pledis Entertainment is on a roll. This is the type of song that grows on me. The more I listen to it, the more I love it.

This song is about a guy who cannot sleep at night thinking of what he should do about this girl that is constantly on his mind.

What should he do? I think the music video is cute including the whole blanket tent.

What do I do with them? It has to be...that one girl that could make a guy a zombie or an insomniac.


Well, that wraps up two weeks of the Wehaiyo Drive. I love blogging and I would like to do this as long as I can and thank you for your support as always.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Update cookies preferences