Friday, June 8, 2018

Wehaiyo! Drive: Go With the Flow?

Welcome back to our second week of the Wehaiyo! Drive. I had an uneventful week. How about you?
Because I did not do anything particularly exciting or special, what could possibly drive me this week?



This week's Dramas:

1) About Time


Watch it on: Viki

Episodes 5-6: I can't believe it. The theory that Lee Sung Kyung's character may be draining Lee Sang Yoon's character's time clock as she gains time on her life clock whenever her heart flutters was correct. Am I suppose to expect a tragic ending now? Why does Do-Ha's (Lee Sang Yoon's) clock drain faster than what Michaela (Lee Sung Kyung) gains? I'm glad he has a long lifespan, but at this rate, maybe he can't make it past his thirties in age.

We find out that Madam Oh has the ability to see time clocks too. However, as she also asks herself, what can she do with this power? Her feelings: whatevs. I suppose we'll have to go with the flow.


2) High School - Love On



Watch it on: Dramafever

I am up to episode 16 on this drama. This drama takes forever for me to finish because the story is so absurd. I have been watching Infinite members, Woohyun and Sungyeol, who use the same names in the drama, fight for many episodes and it was suffocating. All of a sudden, they are now fighting over their mom, who is the real mom for Woohyun and step-mom for Sungyeol. Why can't we all get along? I suppose this is the main conflict driving the plot other than Woohyun, who is supposed to die sooner or later because of his destiny. I cannot handle this plot, but I am rolling with it.

3) Love In Trouble (Suspicious Partner)




Watch it on: Dramafever

I originally watched maybe 12 episodes of this drama, but I stopped to watch other dramas instead. However, I am trying to go back to watching this drama, so I re-watched the first eight episodes this week.

I do like the drama, but why is this drama 40 episodes long? It's true that there is a mystery killer out there who framed our heroine, Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) of being a murderer (Poor Chansung, who is giving me boyfriend vibes similar to Joo's "Bad Guy" music video) and whistles a creepy tune. Even if Bong Hee is acquitted of a murder charge, her reputation remains tarnished.

Shall I go with the flow? I can always count on Mr. Lee Deok Hwa to give me a laugh (Signature line: 무야? Mu-ya? What?)

This week's Music:

1) Park Bo Ram -- "Yesterday" from the About Time OST



I feel the tragedy already with this song. The song has a calming feel, so I can only hope that I have no regrets when I leave this world. The song is beautiful, yet sad. The song fits perfectly in line with the About Time drama. Park Bo Ram's sings this song beautifully and delicately.

2) Wanna One (Triple Position) - "Kangaroo"



On June 4th, 2018, Wanna One's special album, "Light," was released. However, I am not too interested in the title track, but more interested in the light and bouncy "Kangaroo" track featuring Wanna One's sub-unit, Triple Position, which includes Kang Daniel, Kim Jaehwan, and Park Woojin with Zico as their producer and collaborator.

The song is about pushing aside the work and going on a trip with someone special. Why not just get up and go? You can tell that sounds exciting to me since I did not have much of an exciting week. Let's bounce!

3) NCT 127 -- "Baby Don't Like It"




Warning: For adults (18+) only because of the ending of the song.

As I was saying, since I did not have much to look forward to, I just let my Youtube go on autoplay and this song keeps popping up on my playlist throughout the week. The chorus of "My baby don't like it when you come around..." sound pretty catchy. I can only conclude that this song is about a guy's wavering feelings for another woman who is not his girlfriend. A cheating song? Do I go with the flow for this one?

However, I did listen to this song a lot, but it was not until I was writing this post and listening to it for review did I actually notice squeaky sounds at the end of the song. What? So, the guy actually goes and presumably cheats on his girlfriend at the end?

Woah, sometimes NCT surprises me with these adult themes. I thought NCT U's "Baby Don't Stop" was already too hot to handle. I am glad Haechan (Please save Haechan's innocence who just turned 18 years old on June 6th!), according to this Youtube video, sings chorus only. Still, listening to 18-year-old Mark rap about possible cheating feels weird in a certain way. However, the song, minus the ending, is so good to listen to that I am just going to roll with it.

Bad boys coming through!

Next week I will probably talk about an exciting and friendly musical feud between our former Mixnine star groups, ONF and A.C.E, who just released their title tracks on June 7th. I'm sure they will be on replay for my next Wehaiyo! Drive. Thank you for joining me for this week's Wehaiyo! Drive. What drove your life this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Update cookies preferences