Thanks to Jacqueline, owner of the HKKoreanDramaIsland blog for the nomination.
I thought it would be fun to do Q&A since I rarely talk about myself on this blog. I will answer Jacqueline's questions.
1. What are your hobbies besides watching dramas.I enjoy studying the Chinese language, especially Cantonese, Toisanese, and Mandarin. I also enjoy learning Korean as my husband is Korean and Korean is also helpful for enjoying Korean entertainment. I love dancing to Zumba, belly dancing, and K-pop. I am quite adventurous and enjoy learning something new, especially when it comes to performing arts. I am a dreamer who enjoys writing fiction as well.
2. What’s your major?
I am a working professional, but I majored in Music Industry and minored in Music Theory in college.
3. What’s your favorite drink?
I love juices, especially apple juice and orange juice.
4. Who’s your favorite onscreen couple?
It’s hard for me to decide who my favorite couple would be. There are many couples that I like such as Charmaine Sheh and Raymond Lam, Song Seung Hun and Kim Tae Hee, and Song Hye Kyo and Hyun Bin.
5. Who influenced you to blog?
I have always wanted to start blogging. I have always wanted to share my knowledge with the world and to my future kids and I have always wanted to do it my way. I have also always wanted to interact with others who have the same interests. In a way, I am influenced by people around the world and my family.
6. Describes your personality?
I feel that I am a thoughtful and kind person, but a lot of people want to take advantage of me because of it. I like to study others before deciding how much I should trust them with a deeper relationship. I like to look at other people’s actions more than their words. I can be forgiving or unforgiving based on other people’s actions. I like to be prepared for everything I do. I love to travel and go on vacations, but I am also too scared of the unknown. I value my family a lot even though I may not show it.
7. How many languages do you speak?
I can speak English and Cantonese.
8. How long do you think you will stay blogging?
I know that I do not blog often due to time constraints, but I plan to blog until I am no longer physically able to do so. There is still so much I want to tell the world and my future kids.
9. Who’s your favorite actor and actress?
|Charmaine Sheh (chinesemov.com)|
|Song Hye Kyo (fanpop.com)|
|Raymond Lam (tvb-perspective.blogspot.com)|
It is hard for me to pick a favorite out of the entire pool of actors and actresses in this world. For actresses, I am fond of Song Hye Kyo and Charmaine Sheh. For actors, it’s hard to say. I like Raymond Lam, but in the Korean realm, I really cannot pick just one actor.
10. What are your pet peeves?
I do not enjoy bad story lines or typical story lines. I do not like stories where the characters are intentionally made weak, unintelligent, or lacking in common sense. I don’t like “Superman” type characters who continuously forgive bad guys and are goody two-shoes, people who must do the right thing at all costs, depending on how important the thing is. Lastly, I cannot stand weak heroine characters who cannot stand up for themselves. I always like the image of a power woman as the main lead and power can be interpreted in so many ways.
Coincidentally, Zombie Mamma and I nominated each other so I will post my answers here as well:
1. What was your favorite drama of 2013?
|Nine: Nine Time Travels (koreandrama.org)|
2. If K-pop is your thing, which artist/group is your all-time favorite? Which song and/or album of his/hers/theirs is your favorite?
I will forever name Girls' Generation as my favorite group of all-time. After all, Girls' Generation's "Gee" song is the first song that got me hooked into the K-pop phenomenon. I don't know what their new album sounds like, so my favorite album for now is 2013's "I Got A Boy."
3. If you were to star in your very own noona romance drama, who would be the younger man to steal your heart and how would he do it?
|Yoo Ah In (dramafever.com)|
4. Who is your all-time favorite K-Drama/K-Pop star/group? Why?
|Full House (seoulbeats.com)|
Well, I covered my favorite K-pop group, Girls' Generation. My all-time favorite K-drama will always be Full House since that was the very first K-drama I have ever seen, which made me feverishly addicted to watching dramas. Looking back now, I feel like that drama is very cheesy, but the drama will always take a sweet spot in my memory.
5. If you could spend a day hanging out with your ultimate bias, who would it be and what would you do?
I get very scared of these type of questions because I don't know who my ultimate bias is! Let's just say I have a bias. He and I would do friendly things like chat in a cafe or restaurant for hours because I would like to get to know him better.
6. If you could visit South Korea, would you be more interested in exploring the country as a whole or would you rather visit all of your favorite drama locations? Why?
Since I already been to South Korea twice, I have toured around many beautiful places in South Korea. While I think it's worthwhile to visit famous drama locations, I don't necessarily need to see them. I would never regret seeing all the other beautiful places in Korea like its mountains, its temples, its historical villages, its special restaurants, Jeju Island, and of course, my family there.
7. Which do you enjoy more: Watching all the newest dramas, even if it means waiting a week to find out what happens next or waiting until a drama has finished airing so you can marathon the entire drama in one go?
Ideally, I would like to wait until a drama completely finishes airing before watching it, but if I had the opportunity to review the drama, I would not mind watching the drama as it airs. If I didn't have to review the drama, it would be a bit frustrating to wait, but once I decide on taking this path of waiting each week, I would never complain. I would excitedly anticipate the next episode. I watched The Prime Minister and I this way.
8. In your opinion, which K-drama has the best kiss scene and which has the worst?
I still believe Yoon Si Yoon and Lee Ji Ah's kiss in Me Too, Flower is the most salacious of them all, especially since Lee Ji Ah, who played a police officer, tried to cuff Yoon Si Yoon for stealing a designer bag.
|Heartstrings - Park Shin Hye, Jung Yong Hwa (fanpop.com)|
The worst kiss has to go to Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa in the final episode of Heartstrings. It was the most stiff kiss I have ever seen for two people who are supposedly very much in love. It reminded me of two wooden planks trying to kiss. I think people need to stop obsessing over this fictional couple in real life because they don't seem to have any chemistry together.
9. What is the most played song on your iPod (or equivalent) right now?
I have Taeyeon's "Set Me Free," By2's "2020 Love You Love You," and Ellie Goulding's "High For This (The Weeknd Cover)."
10. If you could interview any Hallyu star, who would it be and what would you ask?
|Hong Ji Min|
Wahhaha, Shai also nominated me as well even though I nominated her too! If you didn't know me enough now, you will know me even better! Is it me or are the questions getting harder and harder?
1. What was your first K-drama?
I mentioned this a little bit before in one of the previous questions, but KBS2's 2004 drama, Full House, was my first K-drama and I watched it with Cantonese dubbing on VHS tapes that I borrowed from one of my mom's friends. Kim Sung Soo will always be "Man Hak goh" (brother Man Hak in Cantonese) to me and I also started calling people "faan tong" (rice buckets in Cantonese). My answer to everything is to go camping ("lo ying" in Cantonese.) Song Hye Kyo became my favorite actress of all-time after that drama. I liked Rain too, but I was not that fascinated with him although his music videos made him so awesome.
2. What is your favorite actor/actress's WORST drama? If there isn't, what's your least favorite?
As I mentioned in a previous question, my favorite actresses are Charmaine Sheh and Song Hye Kyo. This question is a hard one because even though they are my favorite actresses, I have not watched all of their dramas!
|Angels of Mission|
|That Winter The Wind Blows (hancinema.net)|
For the men, in the HK realm, I like Raymond Lam. My least favorite drama would be 2001's A Step Into The Past, which I never finished in its entirety. I guess I didn't want to see Raymond turn into an evil emperor.
As I mentioned, I don't know who my favorite Korean actor is so I will not have an answer for this part.
3. What's your favorite couple that was never meant to be?
|Lofty Waters Verdant Bow (tvbizz.wordpress.com)|
4. Do you enjoy any shows that aren't Korean dramas? If so, what are they?
|Fated To Love You (en.wikipedia.org)|
5. If your life were to be turned into a drama, who would you want to play you?
|Kelly Chan (rottentomatoes.com)|
My late uncle always thought that I looked like Kelly Chen, a Hong Kong singer and actress. I guess I would have her play me as well though perhaps in the older years since she is much older than me in real life. Even though I hate her singing, I would consider Korean singer and actress, Park Ji Yoon, to play me as well. I like people who can take someone down with seriousness and a stare. I also need a younger actress who can cry well, who is not exceptionally pretty, and who possess a variety of feelings such as being shunned, ignored, obedient, revengeful, dreamy/imaginative, quiet, and alone. A person who possess duel personality is great as well. She must also need to speak Cantonese and English and needs to be able to play the piano and violin. Are you curious about my life now?
6. What song are you listening to or thinking about right now?
I currently have Ellie Goulding's "High For This (The Weeknd Cover)" on replay.
7. What k-drama character do you love to hate?
I'm going to go with pure evil characters who have no remorse for any evil things that he or she has done.
8. Which do you prefer? Melodramas or Romantic Comedies?
I love romantic comedies. I can handle their ridiculous story lines because it's meant to be fun and lighthearted. In melodramas, I cannot believe the ridiculous story lines and how the characters react to it.
9. In your opinion, what's the most underrated drama?
I will always think that the K-drama, Nine, deserves more recognition. The story line is amazing as it twists, twists, and twists! It takes a great mind to come up with such a creative story.
10. What drama(s) are you watching right now?
Now, there's no pressure, but I'm tagging the following bloggers even though some of them simultaneously chose me as well. They are welcome to participate (again).
1. Zombie Mamma - Zombie Mamma
2. Tanya - Hallyu Know?
3. Stephanie - Crazy For Kdrama
4. Panda and Batzy - International Fangirl
5. June Marie - The Life and Times of June Marie
6. Shai - Feeding Your Drama Obsession
1. What are your hobbies besides watching Korean entertainment?
2. What's the best part of having a blog?
3. How do you keep up with the latest Korean news?
4. What is one item you cannot live without?
5. Do you have any tips for maintaining a successful blog?
6. Where do you get your inspiration from?
7. Do you believe in endless love?
8. What languages do you speak and are you currently learning a language?
9. What is your favorite song at the moment?
10. What have you been recently watching?
1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Now, even if I did not tag you, feel free to answer these questions in the comments below. I would love to read your answers!